Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fairy Garden

Good Morning Ladies,
I have been MIA. Last week was a killer. So I missed blogging for three days.
Today I have something totally different. And really different for me. I normally do not do plants. But I was up at Chesterton Feed and Garden a few weeks back. There I saw fairy gardens and fell in love with them. I returned the following week with my sister in tow. She is a plant person and happens to also love fairies. She helped me find what would work and came home and planted it for me. I added the little things that make it a fairy garden. I had yet to finish it until yesterday. And it is really not finished yet as I want some stars hanging from the top. So here is my fair garden....
This is a photo of it sitting on the porch. I added dried moss to the space between the container and the bird cage. I then took it out in the yard and sprayed the moss with gold glimmer mist. I also sprinkled fairy dust (glitter) over the entire thing. Fairy gardens are creative and fun!
A close-up of the little do dads you add to your fairy garden.
And here it is hanging on my porch. I chose the bird cage because I can take it in and hang it in the house when the weather turns cold. That way I can enjoy it year round.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

Christi said...

Lori, I absolutely LOVE the Fairy Garden! What a WONDERFUL idea! I wish I had the means to make one! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.