Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hedgehog gift card holder

Good Morning Ladies,
Boy did we get the rain yesterday. I guess we needed. It cooled down a lot and that felt good.
Today I have something different for you, Hedgehog gift card holder....
I was looking for something else when I came across these coin envelopes I had purchased some time back for another project. They caught my eye so I grabbed one and started to look at it to see what I could do. I purchased the hedgehog CTMH clear stamp set from Kathy Anderson at the last crop. So this set was laying on the table. It looked like a good fit for the envelope. I stamped the elements from this stamp set with Tim Holtz distressed ink on the envelope. The just a little somethin' is from another CTMH clears stamp set. The for you is from a clear set from the Stamps of Life. All the edges were inked in cat's eye brown ink.
This shows the back of the coin envelope. A gift card fits inside. I purchased these coin envelopes at a local store here in town called Kemps. Kemps is a fun place to visit. You can find all kinds of stuff to use in you card making and scrapbooking. When you walk in it is like walking into the old days. Of course they have all the new techie stuff also. But the feeling has not changed much for a long time. The people that work there are very helpful. You know the feel you get when you go into a home town business.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

I love it!! Very different for your work!! Going outside the box is fun...