Thursday, August 28, 2014

Adventure Awaits Dog

Good Morning Ladies,
I am in the process of getting read for the Labor Day dog show. I have been packing the camper and doing the laundry. I still a ways off but feeling like I am making progress.
The card for today is Adventure Awaits Dog
This card developed on it's own. When I stamped the hunting dog image on the rust card stock I had no idea where it was going to lead. The hunting dog image is from Stampabilities. It was stamped in coffee Archival Ink. The swirls were added as it needed something. The swirl image is from a CTMH aspire set. I still felt like the panel lacked something. So I dug around and found the Adventure Awaits Heidi Swapp image. Now that the panel was done it need to sit on some kind of base. I did not want to use more of the rust as it was rather bold. The dark brown card stock piece was sitting in my cutting area and it looked rather good with the rust. A panel of tan was my next choice. I put them together and they worked. But the card still lacked something. So I went to work and stenciled the birch trees with the same coffee ink and a make-up sponge. The birch tree stencil is from Memory Box. Acorns in cream were stamped on the brown panel. I am not sure what company the acorn image is from as the wood mount was not marked.
The inside sentiment.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

melody2542 said...

Nice card! Love the saying and the colors are soothing. THanks

Darcy said...

Love it