Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Little Brown Church in the Woods

Good Morning Ladies,
Tuesdays are my long days, but I got fitful sleep last night. It should be a good day. I spent some time scene stamping with a good friend a few days ago. I have finally put a couple cards together with them. My first scene card is  Little Brown Church in the Woods
When I was a child we sang a song at church by the name of Little Brown Church in the Woods. When I put this card together this song came into my head and I was singing it. Here is the card....
This scene was created using seven Stampscapes stamps. It started with a piece of glossy card stock. The images were all stamped in black Memento ink. No masks were used to create this scene. That is the beauty of Stampscapes. The next step was to use a makeup sponge and cover the whole scene with Adirondak sandal ink. This helps the other colors slide on. Multiple colors and layers of See D's die inks were used to colorize this scene. We tried something new to colorize with. We used the handles and sponges from the pan pastels. They worked great!
This is the inside sentiment. Also from Stampscapes.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

melody2542 said...

I love this!! Beautiful!!!

Pssequimages said...

Wow that's such an interesting technique you tried, and what beautiful results!