Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Looking Upward

Good Morning Ladies,
Another cold one this morning. Crazy weather for July, but I don't mind it at all.
I have another framed piece today.... Looking Upward
This piece was created last weekend when I was at the creative day with my friends. It is another watercolor scene. The images are stamped on watercolor paper with black Archival ink. The boy and dog image is from Viva Las Vegas stamps. This is one image but I masked the boy and the dog as individual stamps. The grass was created using a Stampscapes stamp. The clouds are created with a Third Coast stamps image. The cloudy sky was paper towel masked. The bird flying above is also from Viva Las Vegas stamps. It was masked before the clouds were stamped. The whole scene was colorized using Stampin' Up watercolor crayons and a brush. Mounted on a black piece of cardstock and placed in a frame. What fun!
A close-up of the scene.
I used my friends watercolor crayons. I love them, but they are a discontinued product for Stampin' Up. So I went on a search to see if I could find someone who was willing to part with theirs. I located a box of 48 and made the purchase. Now I just have to wait until they come. So more watercolor crayon art to come
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: