Friday, July 11, 2014

Joan's Touch Vacation Challenge Xcut

Good Morning Ladies,
The weather has been cool and the dogs are full of energy. This morning they are off and running. Running me that is ....in and out and in and out. My dogs are early birds for sure. Good thing I am a morning person.
Today I have a card for Joan's Touch Vacation Challenge Xcut. You can see what's up for the summer here... http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/07/challenge-vacation-card.html
It is a anything goes this summer. I am still going to put a link in for Terri over at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is my card....
I received my Xcut Build-A-Scene die set Village yesterday from Terri over at Joan's Gardens. I could not wait to use it. This is something totally new to me and I was excited. I only used the three main dies in the package to create this card. I cut the three layers out of frost white, grey, and black. The black piece was glued right down to the navy background. The grey and white layers were popped. It reminded me of a Christmas night so I grabbed my Sizzix Frame-lits circle dies and cut a moon out of yellow cardstock. My finishing choice was easy. The Impression Obsession Santa and sleigh die #DIE081-0 placed over the moon makes it Christmas for sure. I also purchased this die from Terri. Now I know it is July, but if I am going to be ready for Christmas I have to start now.
This is a view so you can see the pop on the village.
I used the same circle set for the sentiment on the inside. A bow graces the top.
I am already having fun with this challenge. Thanks Joan!!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Cute card Lori. Aren't dies amazing and they just keep coming out with such pretty ones.
Thanks for sharing with us. Keep up the good work.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Memaw said...

Lori,
This is very cute, like the way the Xcut work for you. I will have to check them out. Have a great rest of your summer. Pet Windy for me and tell you family hello.
Judy

Ginny B said...

Lori, I love how you used the dies to create a little town. You have made me want this die set! Absolutely ingenious!