Sunday, July 6, 2014

Joan's Touch #20 fairy

Good Morning Ladies,
Another fantastic day out there! Windy is a little tired today. Last night she went swimming, for a walk, and out for ice cream with Sam and Andi.
I have one last card for Joan's Touch #20 fairy . To see and enter the challenge click on the link... http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/06/card-for-20-challenge.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Use the colors pink, white, and green.
Use a circle.
Use some kind of flowers.
You must use something that can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
So here is my card....
I wanted to make a circle card. So the card base is created using the Sizzix Frame-lits circles. I am sure you can order this die set from Terri over at Joan's Gardens. Next I knew I wanted to use this fairy cameo. I know it is oval but I encircled it with a circle. The circle was cut using Memory Box Die #98500 Tupelo Circle. I purchased this die at Joan's Gardens. The roses were created using a Sizzix rolled rose die. The Gardenia flower was created using the Cheery Lynn Die B339 Gardenia Strip. I also purchased this die at Joan's Gardens. I am branching out creating different flowers. A pearl sprig peaks out from behind the flowers.
 A close-up of the cameo.
A close-up of the gardenia.
A side view of the circle card.
I have loved this challenge. Thanks Joan and Terri!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Love the cameo and beautiful card. I have started using occasionally cameos for a few of my cards and got some ideas from your card. Thanks

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, what a cool idea making a circle card. Love the design as it is so interesting. Great jobh.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com