Sunday, April 1, 2012

Joan's Challenge Post It Cover

Good Morning Ladies,
I had a very full day yesterday. I did not get to blog. Bummer
I have been up early this morning working on the Joan's Challenge Post It Cover. You can join us over at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/03/this-weeks-challenge_29.html Just click the link and it will take you to the challenge.
The challenge this week is
Cover a Post It Note pad
Use a die-cut for the background
The color purple
Use a butterfly or something from nature
Here is my entry.....
 To create this post it note cover I used a piece of dsp in a leaf design. Pillow case lace and ribbon was added to the bottom to give it texture. My base die-cut is from a Marianne die cut with vellum. I added a crystal spray. I cut a leaf die using a Cheery Lynn die. This was cut out of Graphic 45 paper and cut apart to create three leaves. For my flower I used a Hero Arts set. I stamped this on purple paper with black ink. Each layer was cut out and stacked. A heart brad keeps it all together and is the center of the flower. Then came the butterfly. This butterfly was cut using a Cherry Lynn die. It seemed a little off balance. So I added three pearls to the upper left hand corner. The dies can be purchased at Joan's Gardens. She has the most awesome dies!
This is a side view to show the post it note pad. Thanks for another great challenge and tutorial Joan and Selma!
I am planning a trip to Joan's this afternoon with a friend. Can't wait til it's time to go. All those wonderful dies and goodies she has....ohhhh!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

Selma said...

Your Post-It cover is so pretty. Love all the dimension. Thanks for joining us in our challenge this week at Joan's Gardens. Have fun shopping at Joan's.

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, it was great seeing you yesterday!

Your Post-a-Note cover is very pretty and fun.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Unknown said...

very pretty love that butterfly