Friday, April 27, 2012

Joan's Challenge Butterfly Yellow or Gold

Good Morning Ladies,
Wow this has been a busy week. So my blog suffered. I am going to have to work that one out.
It's time for another challenge....Joan's Challenge Butterfly Yellow or Gold.
You can join us and see all the entries here.... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/selma-has-created-this-beautiful-card.html
The requirements are...
Use any kind or size of butterflies
Use lattice or scallops
Use yellow or gold colors
Use a patterned paper for your background
Here is my take on this challenge....
 To create this card I used a vellum patterned paper from K&Company on my base. I used the Cheery Lynn lattice die cut from glitter paper. I backed this with a matching embossed patterned paper from the same collection as the vellum. My dog and cat image is from Inky Antics. It was stamped on Bristol board and colorized with Prisma pencil and Gamsol. I used pre-made flowers from Creative Imaginations. The leaves and flowers were layered with brads for the centers. These are from my old stash. I don't even know if they make them anymore. Across the top of the card I used a Martha Stewart punch to create my scallops. I placed a polka dot ribbon on top of this and added another flower. My butterflies are cut from a Cheery Lynn die out of shimmer cardstock. I think I covered all the bases of this challenge.
A side view of my butterflies. The Cherry Lynn butterfly dies are amazing!
Thanks Joan and Selma for another wonderful challenge! I look forward to them each week.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

7 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, this is so cute. Great job!!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

granny said...

this is so sweet i just love it

granny said...

this is so sweet i just love it

melody2542 said...

Wow! I really love this one!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Darlene said...

WOW this is so cool Lori! LOVE the 'scene' you have created! Looks like these adorable friends are watching butterflies together!
I agree ... don't you just LOVE these Cheery Lynn butterfly dies ... so detailed. Great job!

Unknown said...

Lori, adorable card, I love that stamp you used, I have it also, great job!!
Thanks
and Hugs
Donna

Glenda said...

What a gorgeous card! Great use of the dies and that cat and dog are adorable! Well done!