Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Botanical Journal Graphic 45 and La Blanche

Good Morning Ladies,
I am back on track this morning. Welcome Wednesday!
I have been working on a project for about a week and a half. I have finished it. So today I am bringing you Botanical Journal Graphic 45 and La Blanche
 This journal started life as a plain black and white comp journal. The process started with a tutorial from La Blanche stamps. It is an amazing process. You take a La Blanche stamp and ink it up with Archival Ink. I choose the sepia pad. You heat up Utee in your melting pot. You pour the liquid Utee over the entire stamp. Never fear it won't ruin your stamp. Once it has cooled all the way it pops right off the stamp. You break away any parts that don't make it lay flat. That is what the panel in the center of the front cover is. The information on how to attach this panel was not in the tutorial. So that was my next challenge. I took a piece of card stock and ripped the edges. I inked them up with the same ink. I used US Art Quest PPA to attach the utee panel to the cardstock panel. I decided too soon that the panel was not going to adhere. In the end I found out it did adhere. I used my crop a dile to punch holes so I could add eyelets. Well the punching cracked the utee. But no project is ever lost. So I set my eyelets and reheated the Utee with my heat gun to join the cracks together. When this process was finished I liked the look even better. Then it hit me the graphic45 pad botanica was a perfect match. I used parts from this pad to create the rest of the journal. The only extra thing I added was rust piccot ribbon to the spine.
This is the back of the journal.
Thinking outside of the box can produce some wonderful projects. I am very happy the way this journal turned out. If you feel like taking an adventure be sure to try this technique!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

melody2542 said...

Nice journal! The colors are very soothing. Thanks for the inspiration!

melody2542 said...

That liquid UTEE on that stamp is awesome! Love that technique.