Thursday, April 12, 2012

2TC2 ~ I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

Good Morning Ladies,
I am a bit under the weather. Yes, I have a cold. Anyone who knows me knows I am very bad at being a sick person. It just cuts into my time and my life. Maybe it's a way of slowing me down and regrouping. I don't know, but I don't like it.
I have been having a great time working on challenges of late. They seem to push me to the next level and use products I have recently purchased.
There is a new challenge blog. Twisted Tuesdays. This weeks challenge is

2TC2 ~ I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

You can find the challenge here.... http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/04/2tc2-i-never-promised-you-rose-garden.html 
For the challenge this week you have to create a card. On this card you must include flowers. But no roses or rosettes allowed. 
Here is the card I have created for this challenge....
 To start to create this card I added a blue base to a cream card. I then added the vines. They were cut with a Memory Box die. The tree frame is also a die from Memory Box. I attached the vines to the tree die. This was then applied to the front of the card. I put my little mouse in the corner. He is 2-D. Then my sunflowers were added. The sunflowers are 3-D and cut from a Cheery Lynn die.
 A side view of the mouse.
 A side view of the sunflowers. 
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

5 comments:

Melina said...

How sweet! I like your background piece and your sunflowers are beautiful! I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for playing at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

AnnMarie said...

Very pretty flowers! Your little mouse layers are awesome too! Thanks for playing along over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

chrissy xx said...

I LOve Sunflowers and this is Gorgeous....One cute mouse too.
Chrissyxx
LOve your picture 'Mrs Swandog'
you've visited a lady who LOves Collies and used to do Obedience with them...Know all about Agilty too lol..My hubby used to do it....Memories are a Wonderful thing....Thank you xx

Patty Gorka said...

I love your sunflowers, they caught my eye right away! Super card! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Those sunflowers are nice! Great card.

Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge this week!