Sunday, April 15, 2012

DCC411 ~ Birds of a Feather Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,
It is off to work I go early this morning. So I am getting right to it.
I created a card for the DCC411 ~ Birds of a Feather Challenge over at http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/cards-by-theme/birds/dcc411-birds-of-a-feather-challenge/
The challenge requirements are to create a card with a bird or birds as the main focal point.
Here is my card entry...
 To create this card I used a heron image. I stamped this on bristol board and colorized it with prisma pencil and gamsol. The background and pond are the same color process. I used crystal laquer for the pond ripples. I added a moon or sun which ever you prefer. This was created using the center of the Cheery Lynn sunflower die. To finish the panel I stamped twisting vines at the top in black. And cat tails in black at the bottom of the panel. This panel was mounted on black textured card stock. I added a checked ribbon at the bottom. The feather began life as a white feather. So I did a little experiment and sprayed it with ranger color wash. I was very pleased at how well the feather took the color wash. I also dried the feather with my heat gun. This sped up the drying process. No fire, no damage to the feather. A good to know thing for the future. The flower was created using a Cheery Lynn cuties flower die. I rolled it up and added a pearl for the center. This was created on top of a white card base.
 A side view and close-up of the flower and feather.
A sentiment was added to the inside of the card using two different spellbinders sets.
This was a fun challenge!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

melody2542 said...

Love this card! The blue feather makes it real. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheri said...

You did an amazing job with this challenge! I love the feather detail and the scene you created for the heron. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge at Repeat Impressions.