Monday, April 23, 2012

Joan's Challenge Something Different

Good Morning Ladies,
I have been gone at a dog show over the weekend. So I have not blogged. But I am back so here we go.
Joan's Challenge Something Different is this week. You can see the challenge and entries here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/this-weeks-challenge-something.html
The requirements are ..
Make flowers using punches or dies.
Make it the prettiest you can.
The something different is they are choosing 6 of their favorite entries to participate in a blog hop in May.
Here is my entry....
This card was created using the Graphic 45 Little Darlings pad I purchased at Joan's. The baby image and tag were cut from this pad and the edges were inked using color box dune. The background paper also came from this pad. To create the flowers I used the sunflower die from Cheery Lynn Designs. Cut in cream and pink the petals were pinched and the pieces layered with pop dots. The bottom layer of the flowers were created with the polineasian die from Cheery Lynn Designs. This is the center piece you get when you cut the large oval. It fits the sunflower perfect to create a much larger flower. My table can get very messy, but out of this mess came this flower creation. So my mess was a creative blessing. I added nine large pearls to finish this card off.
A side view of the flowers.
Joan had everything to do with this card. Although neither one of us knew this at the time. And Joan is just finding out now. Here's how that happened. I was looking for a new frame die. I had a different one picked up when she suggested the one I used in the card. I also wanted a Graphics 45 tablet that I saw but it was for orders and she had to order one of those for me. She suggested this baby one and I don't do much baby stuff. But she opened the tablet and leafed through it so I could see all of the wonderful papers inside that could be used for things other than baby. Then it was a must. Joan suggests product and when she does boy is it wonderful. Thanks Joan!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

Darlene said...

This is fabulous! Love the 'little darlings' image and your flowers are fantastic! I never thought to use that sunflower die in this manner ... thanks for that inspiration! JUST GORGEOUS! Good Luck on being chosen! Have a wonderful week!

Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown said...

wow very pretty like that picture she is so cute
and like your flower so pretty and so soft
very beautiful card
good luck

Diane said...

This is just adorable...LOVE that paper.... and love the pink flowers, too...now you have made me put that ide on my "want list"!!

melody2542 said...

Very vintage! Cool card. Thanks for the inspiration.