Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tri-Shutter Card Joan's Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy Easter! I tried two new recipes for this day. Tomato-Pesto Brunch Bake and Black Raspberry Bars. We have brunch at my mom's house on Easter. We all bring something. This will be a total surprise. They both look like they turned out great. Now the true test will be in the eating.
While I was creating these new dishes this morning I was also working on my Tri-Shutter Card Joan's Challenge and managed to finish it and photograph it.
The challenge was to...
Create a tri-shutter card
use more than one design paper
use something dimensional
use ribbon or lace
come join us at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/this-weeks-challenge.html
I think I have it all covered. So here is my card....
 This is the front of my card. I used a collection from Graphic 45 for my two different design papers. No stamping on this one as Graphic 45 gives you all you need as far as images go in one pad. I just purchased the baby pad from Joan's, and wanted to use it. But since I have never made a tri-shutter card I decided to use an older collection. My dimensional item is a slice of a real sea shell. I thought it went perfect with this card. The woman and man look like they are at odds. I was going to stamp I love you in the middle panel, but decided that it requires something funny. This I will have to think on. So I have left it blank.The cardstock seashell and the starfish are from the Graphic 45 botanical collection. So even different pads work well together. I added ribbon behind the woman and the man as well as the other striped panels.

 A view of the man.
A side view of the shell.
It took me a couple of days to think about this card. And once again Selma and Joan got me thinking outside of the box. Thanks Joan and Selma for another wonderful challenge!!
For the rest of you shop smart ...shop http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

melody2542 said...

Love this card. The cardstock is awesome. Cool colors and neat shell. Thanks for the inspiration.

Darlene said...

OH WOW! I love your theme on this fabulous creation! Great job!

Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, what a great idea and so interesting. great job!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Nan G said...

Aww, this is one COOL card!