Monday, April 16, 2012

Joan's Challenge Flower Pot Card

Good Morning Ladies,
Another fine Monday. Glad to have slept with the windows open last night and hear the birds chirping this morning.
It is time for another challenge from Joan and Selma. This weeks challenge is Joan's Challenge Flower Pot Card.
These are the requirements....
Make or use a flower pot
Make flowers for the flower pot
Use some trailing greenery
Use any color combo
You can check out and enter the challenge here. http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/this-weeks-challenge_12.html
Here is my flower pot entry.....
 First off I must say I tried to use the tutorial at split coast and it was a fail on my part. I could not cut the angles right. So I thought I would not be joining the challenge this week. But then it dawned on me to check out the internet for a flower pot template. And I found a printable one. No problem. Then I was on my way to create this flower pot card. All the dies that are included on this project came from Joan's. The ivory rolled flowers and trailing vine are Memory Box dies, The loopy flowers are cut using a MFTdie. The leaf trio is from Cheery Lynn . I think I got them all correct. The little mouse is a stamped 2-D from grey wolf graphics.
This is a view with the floral insert pulled out to wish a happy birthday.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

6 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, this is adorable. I love the patterned paper for the "cuff" of the flower pot. Your addition of the mouse is cute too. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Memaw said...

Hey Lori,

I was great to have the windows open, your card is so cute, the mouse is to real looking with the beady eyes. LOL
Judy

Unknown said...

what a cute flower pot card
that little mouse is so cute
good lucky

Glenda said...

This is adorable....love that little mouse!

melody2542 said...

Nice card! The colors are soft and the mouse is cute. I like the use of the leaf vine. THanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Lori,
What a very pretty pot of flowers, you did a wonderful job!!! Would love it sitting in my window!!
THanks so much for visiting my blog, it means so much, I have visited others at times, but there is not much inter visiting among contestants in this group it appears, by the time I get to enter towards the end of the contest, some may not be checking back to see who enters. Oh well, I oh so appreciate your comments!!
Thanks bunches,
Big hugs
Donna