Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rejoice Cross Ornament

Good Morning Ladies,
I am up and getting ready to go to a crop. I am making chili and getting packed up. I love this crop. It's only five bucks a day and you bring a dish. I am planning to get some creating done today. Now to keep to that plan. But we all know these things are for reconnecting with friends, eating great food, laughing, and playing. We all need that to keep us positive and vibrant.
I have a Rejoice Cross Ornament for you today.....
 This cross started life as a paper mache' blank. I painted it with cream acrylic paint. I then added a layer of gold smootch spray. I love the smootch spray. It has intense color and shimmer. I created rolled flowers using memory box dies, and a spellbinder die. I sprayed these with gold smooch and blue tattered angel spray. These were attached to the cross and the ribbons. The oval in the center was cut from bristol board and stamped with the word rejoice. It was then spritzed with the tattered angel spray.
This is the flip side of the ornament.
I am having a blast creating ornaments this year.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: