Saturday, May 18, 2013

Joan's Challenge Yellow and White Butterflies

Good Morning Ladies,
The weekend has arrived. A little rest this weekend would be nice and I think that just might happen.
To start the day off I am posting a card for Joan's Challenge.
Here is a link to the challenge Joan's Challenge Yellow and White Butterflies http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/05/this-weeks-challenge_16.html
The requirements this week are:
Use yellow and white as your color theme
Use at least two butterflies
Use some polka dots
Use some kind of swirl(s)
Use something sold at Joans
Here is my entry

This was a fun card to create. My image is from Mostly Animals. This company went out of business a few years back. They were one of my favorite companies. My mats were created using a yellow textured card stock, white card stock, and a yellow and white polka dot paper. Those are my polka dots. My swirls were created using the Cheery Lynn die B117S Mini Fanciful Flourish. I purchased this die at Joans Garden. This was cut in yellow and white card stock. A pearl sprig was added to my flowers. The flowers were created using the Cheery Lynn die B257 Cuttie Fringe 3. This is a recent die purchase from Joans. A really fun flower that I will use over and over again. It was cut in yellow card stock. A pearl was added to the center of each flower.  My butterflies were created using the Cheery Lynn die B266 Tiny Things With Wings. They were cut from yellow and white card stock. This die was purchased at Joans. It came in my last shipment. In this set you get a Butterfly, a bee, two dragonflies, a lady bug, and two humming birds. All card sized. What a great mix of dies in one package! To purchase the things die and much more go to http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
 A close up of my giraffe and a better look at my swirls.
My white butterfly alights onto one of the flowers. What fun it was to add this to my creation.

Here is a close up of my yellow butterfly.
Thanks for the challenge Joan and Selma! You always take my creating to a new level.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

Pssequimages said...

ADORABLE! I absolutely love the butterfly perched in that daisy. What a wonderful card!

Memaw said...

Awesome, this is adorable love everything about it. Mr. G as well.

Ginny B said...

This is so cheeerful and sweet. Love those flowers. They are perfect, and your card is beautiful!