Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Joan's Picture Challenge Oh Christmas Tree

Good Morning Ladies,
Life has been a little crazy and stamping keeps me grounded. So does this blog. I love to blog and share my creations. I miss my sister's store still. But Joan's is a happy place. So today I am entering my third card this week for Joan's Picture Challenge Oh Christmas Tree
You can find all things wonderful at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
The requirements this week are as follows:
Use a picture
neutral colors
Add a flourish
Use something sold at Joan's
Here is my card:
 If you have followed my blog this week you would know this is more of my fake childhood. This Christmas tree was at some time important enough for someone to take a picture of. I could just not let it go to the round file. It's a piece of history. And I remember trees like this from when I was a kid. Brings back the warm feelings I had as a child at Christmas. I am thinking this picture is from the early 60's. I mounted the picture on craft cardstock. The two bigger layers are craft cardstock and a printed cardstock from a DCWV Christmas pad. The Poinsettias were created using a Heartfelt Creations Stamp Set I purchased at Joan's. They were stamped on ivory pearlized cardstock using Versa Mark and gold embossing powder. They were then hand cut and the petals curled using the reverse tweezers from the flower making kit you can purchase at Joan's. The layers were then stacked and a pearl was added to each center. For my flourish I used the Cheery Lynn Design die B148 Holly Flourish that I purchased at Joan's. Little ivory flowers were added to top this card off.
 A close-up of the Christmas tree. Isn't it wonderful!
A close-up of the flowers.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs.  Swandog



1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, another beautiful vintage card and a great design. Your flowers are so pretty.
Thanks for again joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com