Monday, September 23, 2013

Joan's Challenge Picture Beach

Good Morning Ladies,
The weather is staying cool. Feels good outside without the humidity. I had a pretty lazy Sunday other than going to work a couple of times. Stopped and saw my mom and dad. Life is good.
I have a second card for Joan's Challenge Picture Beach This is such a fun challenge. You can see the challenge by clicking on this link... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/09/this-weeks-challengenew-techique.html Come join us or just check out all of the beautiful cards this week.
The requirements of the challenge are as follows:
Use a picture
Use neutral colors
Add a flourish
Use something that can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
So here is my second card...
Another one of my gals from my fake family. This one was labeled on the back. This is Peggy at the swanky beach club. The year was 1949. I decided I would try aging the photo with different inks this time. So I pulled out my Tim Holtz ink (you can purchase Tim Holtz distressed ink at Joan's) and Archival ink. I used the Tim Holtz ink first applying it with a make-up sponge and then I added the Archival ink on top. I decided on dies next. I chose Cheery Lynn Cutie Fringe 3 B257 to create Sea Anemones. I cut them out of cream cardstock and inked them with topaz ink just on the edges before I rolled them. I purchased this die from Joan. This die has so many uses. Of course it is a flower, but I have used it for cheerleader pom poms and now Sea Anemones. I love a die that can be used for many ways other than it has been created for. For my flourish I used Cheery Lynn die Victorian Romance Flourish DL 151. I also purchased this die from Joan. It gave the card the feminine touch I was looking for. To finish this card off I added real seashells and pearl flat backs. 
A close-up of Peggy.
A better view of my sea anemones.
What fun I am having with this challenge! Thanks Again Joan!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs.  Swandog



3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, another cute card. Wouldn't you love to know the history behind this picture. Great job using the different embellishments too.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Diane said...

Beautiful card....a great picture...pretty flowers, too!!

Nancy Hill said...

Very cute and love the sea shells and flower.