Sunday, August 25, 2013

Victorian Cut Out with Graphics 45

Good Morning Ladies,
I was up and at it very early this morning. Sleep came easy last night and I slept soundly. I am hoping my energy and creative muse stay with me throughout the day today. Looks like we may head out to the mill pond festival to check out the scene.
The project I created this morning is a Victorian Cut Out with Graphics 45 shadow box. This was fun to create.
I love Victorian cut-outs and I love Graphics 45. The two paired together are perfect! I found a source on facebook to purchase more cut-outs. I hadn't happened upon them for a very long time so I purchased a few. Well maybe a little more than a few. I think this young lady is beautiful. The shadow box was unfinished wood that I purchased at Micheals. The first thing I did was stain it using Tim Holtz distressed stain in vintage photo. The dauber tops work excellent to stain the large areas. Then I pop the dauber top off and grab a paint brush. I dip it in and paint on the rest of the areas. It's so easy to stain a frame this way! Gotta love Tim Holtz. With that finished I started on the inside panel. I covered the board with Graphics 45 paper from the Botanical pad. My next layer is Graphics 45 from the French Country  pad. Then my beautiful girl was put down. There are leafy vines cut from a Memory Box die under the pearl sprigs and flowers. My flowers were created using a Sizzix flower die. They were made with Graphics 45 paper from the Secret Garden pad. I love how the Graphics 45 collections can be mixed and matched.
This is the panel before it was put into the shadow box.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: