Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Joan's Challenge Negative Image

Good Morning Ladies,
I did not know if I was going to get a card done for Joan's Challenge Negative Image this week. But I worked on it and finished it last night.
The requirements for the challenge this week are as follows:
Die cut image using the negative.
Colors of purple and white.
Textured layer
Leaves
Use something you can purchase at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is the link to the challenge..... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/08/this-weeks-challege.html
And here is my card:
 The textured background had me going. I am not very good at stenciling paste. I can't ice a cake so the palette knife eludes me. I thought and I thought and then I remembered that old crimping tool in the stamp room. I had to look to locate it but I took the time and found it. So my textured background is done with that old crimping tool. Next was my negative image. I have so many wonderful dies from Joan's I just had to settle on one. I thought the Cheery Lynn die A2 164 Screen Door w Cat was perfect. So I cut it in a purple textured paper. This die was purchased at Joan's. For my leaves I decided on Memory Box die #807. This was cut in two colors of purple cardstock. This die was also purchased at Joan's. I added a white pearl sprig to the leaves at the top of the card. My roses were created using a Sizzix floral die.
A close-up to show the texture of the crimping tool.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs.  Swandog

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, how cute! I always did love the crimping tool and I too forgot about it. We crimped all of our soap labels when I had my soap and candle manufacturing business. I love crimping. Cute way to do the cat die too. Great job.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com