Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Joan's Challenge torn edges

Good Morning Ladies,
It's a bit chilly out there this morning. It's a bit chilly in here this morning.
I did not think I would get a challenge card done this week, but I have. Joan's Challenge torn edges was fun!
You can see and enter the challenge here....http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/10/card-by-joan.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Purple and Green
Torn Edges
Layers
You must use a product sold at Joan's
Here is a link to Joan's so you can shop all the wonderful things she has http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is my card....
When I think of this style I think of La Blanche stamps. I purchased this La Blanche stamp at Joan's. I stamped it on La Blanche paper that I also purchased at Joans. It was colorized using nibs. I used Tim Holtz inks. Joan sells these also. The colors I used were Pumice Stone, Mowed Lawn, Dusty Concord, and Walnut Stain. The edges are torn on this piece. I used a grey cardstock for the base card. I have two other layers created from the new corrugate cardstock pack from DCWV. I am sure Joan can order this for you. This was hard to find for a while as no one was making it anymore. Now it's back. I tore the edges on both of these pieces and inked them where I tore them. I then used Tim Holtz white picket fence stain to add accents on the layers. I used green tulle to create a bow. I added a rolled rose created from a Sizzix die. At the bottom I added two green flat back flowers.
I only attached the center of the layers as Joan suggested. I love it!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs.  Swandog

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, great card. Love your bold colors and the corrugated paper with the torn edges. Glad you enjoyed gluing only the middle. I also LOVE that look.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com