Friday, October 18, 2013

Joan's Challenge Pink and White Flowers

Good Morning Ladies,
I broke down this morning and turned the heat on. It was only 60 degrees in the house and that is just too cold for me.
Another week has flown by. It's time for the new challenge at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
You can see and enter the challenge here: http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/10/this-weeks-challenge.html
These are the requirements for this week:
Pink and White only
Use flowers any kind. Can even be in paper
Something curvy, vines, fourishes
You must use something that can be purchased at Joan's
Here is my card Joan's Challenge Pink and White Flowers
When I saw this challenge I knew I was going to use the Poppy Stamps die #879 Labrador. I purchased this die from Joan and it is a favorite of mine. I cut him in darker pink textured card stock. I created a little scene around him. The fence is cut from white pearl card stock. The fence die is from Cheery Lynn #B123 Victorian Picket Fence. Another favorite die I purchased from Joan. I used Cheery Lynn die #B117S Mini Fanciful Flourish behind my flowers. I also purchased this die from Joan. A pretty flourish die that is sized right for cards. My flowers are two different kinds. The roses were created using a Sizzix bigz die. The other flowers are flat backs. At the top of the card I used one of my new dies from Joan. It is memory box die Night Sky Border #98682. When I saw this die on the website I knew I just had to have it. It is so unique and can be used in so many scene cards. I thought it was the perfect final touch to this pink and white card.
This is a close-up of my flowers and flourishes.
Another great challenge. Thanks Joan this one is so much fun!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs.  Swandog

4 comments:

Memaw said...

Morning Lori,

This is a really cool card, your flat flowers I really like (how did you make them?) But I love the roses also. Have a great day.
Judy

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, your card is so pretty. I love the scene you created and your flowers are just beautiful.
Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, your card is so pretty. I love the scene you created and your flowers are just beautiful.
Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mrs. Swandog said...

Judy, the flowers are purchased resin flat backs.