Sunday, June 23, 2013

Newfoundland Dog Dream

Good Morning Ladies,
I went with my husband and my son to the European Market in Chesterton yesterday morning. What a nice market. I picked up two really ripe tomatoes, a candy onion, a chocolate pie from Sister, some honey for the son that didn't go with us. We ate a few things while we were there. It was great! The guys kind of hurried me through. Next time I won't take them and take more time exploring the market.
My card for today is Newfoundland Dog Dream
This card was inspired by the background paper from DCWV. It looked like it would go with Tim Holtz stuff. So I used a Tim Holtz clear stamp set, but just the sentiments. I stamped the front sentiment on Bristol paper and cut it with a Spellbinder die set. The edges were inked with Color Box brown ink from a Cat's Eye ink pad. The sentiment seemed to be fitting for a dog card. I grabbed the new Newfoundland stamp I purchased from Dog Stamps Plus and stamped him in black Memento ink on Bristol paper. The open areas of the Newfie were colorized with Prisma pencil and Gamsol. He was then hand cut. The blue ribbon image is also from Dog Stamps Plus. It was stamped on white card stock with blue ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and then hand cut. To top this card off I added three pieces of cotton kitchen string. I purchased the string at the hardware store in a big ball. I figured I could colorize it in any color using my ink sprays. For this card I used it in it's natural state.
This is the inside Tim Holtz sentiment from the same clear stamp set.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: