Saturday, June 8, 2013

Joan's Challenge Black and Pink

Good Morning Ladies,
I am back again as promised. I had to finish my card for Joan's Challenge this week. You can see the challenge here.... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/06/this-weeks-challenge.html
If you have not yet visited Joan's click on this link http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ to see all the wonderful products she has in her store. And you can see many many samples! Joan's is my main resource for all the great dies I use in my cards.
The challenge requirements for this week are as follows:
Use an embossed background
Use pink and black as your main colors
Use an oval
You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens (use the link above to find wonderful products to add to your collection.)
Here is my card Joan's Challenge Black and Pink

As I have said before I don't own many embossing folders. I did buy this embossing folder at Joan's. It is Hobby Solution embossing folder HSF004 Oval Frame-1. So this is my embossed background and my oval all rolled into one. I ran it through the cuttlebug with black card stock. There is a photo below that shows the embossed background with flamingo added. The flamingo is an image from Inkadinkado. He is stamped on bristol paper and colorized with Copic marker. The pink flower was created with a fringe flower die by Cheery Lynn Design dies. I purchased this die at Joan's. It has a black rhinestone for the center. The roses were created using a Sizzix die and cut out of black glitter card stock.  The olive branches were cut using a Cheery Lynn Design die I purchased from Joan's. To accent this card I added the palm tree and sun flatbacks. It doesn't show well in the photo but they are glittery.
This is the shot of the embossing folder background.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog


2 comments:

Ginny B said...

Lori, what a great way to use your flamingo stamp. Happy and whimsical; this card will bring a smile to all who see it. :o)

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, what a cute card. Fun and as Ginny said, whimsical.


Thanks for joining us atJoan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com