Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Joan's Challenge Make it Manly

Good Morning Ladies,
I am back again. I made it to the table to create a card for Joan's Challenge Make it Manly.
Here is the link to the challenge... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/06/this-weeks-challenge_13.html
The requirements this week are:
Anything Goes
Use a product from http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is my card....
 I thought this card would be perfect for my Dad. He served in the Marines. This card has a whole USA feel to it. The stamps were purchased from Joan's Gardens before I left for the dog show. They arrived while I was gone. I knew they were sitting at home and this was the perfect challenge for them. The stamps I used are from Our Daily Bread. The fishing boat is #F452 and the Old Flag background is #D235. I first stamped the flag background using Color Box pigment ink in popcorn, Cranberry and Royal Blue. I then stamped the boat on top of the flag using black Memento ink. The boat and water was then colorized using Prisma pencil and Gamsol. This card was finished off by a compass jewelry piece and a knotted ribbon.
This is a close up of the compass. It was added with pop tape.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, wow this is perfect for your Dad. I love that background and the way you used it. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com