Friday, June 28, 2013

Joan's Challenge Butterflies

Good Morning Ladies,
I slept a little late this morning. I must have been tired. I do give myself two hours in the morning before I leave the house. I love the quiet and the time to get my creative juices flowing. Everyday is better if I create at least a little in the morning.
Today I have a card for Joan's Challenge Butterflies
You can see and enter the challenge here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/06/this-weeks-challenge_27.html
The requirements for the challenge this week are as follows:
Use polka dots
Use vellum
Use butterflies
Use any color combination
You must use a product sold at Joan's
You can see and purchase products here http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is my card....
 My first business of order for this card was to use vellum. Vellum can be a tricky thing. I cut the vellum wreath with the Memory Box Tupelo Circle die. I purchased this die from Joan. I attached it to my card stock with beacon 3 in 1 glue. I then added pearls to this die. My butterfly dies are from Cheery Lynn. I also purchased these from Joan. The one in the center of the wreath is DL114 exotic butterfly med #1. The small butterflies are B266 Tiny Things With Wings. If you don't have this die set you need to give Joan a call and purchase it. You get the butterfly, dragonfly, bee, humming birds. It is a must have for card makers. The rose is created with a Sizzix die. To top this card off I added white braid trim.
 A close-up of the tiny butterflies.
The vellum wreath.\
Another great challenge from Joan and Selma!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog


5 comments:

Memaw said...

Great job Lori,
Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Lori. You certainly got your creative juices flowing this morning. Great job.
I love the idea of the vellum wreath.
Thanks so much for joinig us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Pssequimages said...

This is FANTASTIC, Lori. What a beautiful beautiful card.

Ginny B said...

Lori, that vellum wreath is so pretty. I think that's another die I need to get from Joan! Beautiful job on this challenge! Love the colors.

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. love it!
Thanks for sharing
julie