Thursday, April 10, 2014

Joan's Challenge plaid, check, or stripes

Good Morning Ladies,
Yesterday the weather was beautiful. After work I took Dude down to the beach and we had a nice walk on the beach and through the woods. The fresh air was wonderful.
I have a second card for Joan's Challenge plaid, check, or stripes this week. Here is a link to the challenge. http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-8.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Use a plaid, check, or striped paper
Put a border around an image
Use any color
Use a product from Joan's Garden http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Terri over at Joan's Gardens has so many wonderful things. I am awaiting a stencil order. It's in the mail and my creamy brown chalk cat's eye ink pad is in there. Maybe it will come today!
Here is my second card for this weeks challenge....
I have been going through my stamp boxes and this cowboy image spoke to me for this challenge. The image is from Stampibilities. I stamped it in coffee archival ink on tan card stock. It was then cut and bordered with Spellbinders die set Classic Scalloped Squares Large #S4 127. Spellbinders dies sets can be purchased from Joan's. I had the Arizona jean tag sitting on my table since Christmas. I knew I wanted to use it but the card had just not come up yet to use it on. It worked perfect with the cowboy image. My striped paper that covers the card base is from my old stock. For the finishing touch I cut Memory Box die Star Flourish #98681 from a scrap of  Graphics 45 paper that I purchased from Joan's. That would be both the paper and the die.
This is the inside sentiment.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

ionabunny said...

I like this simple design. The memory box flourish looks great

melody2542 said...

How cute is that! You could give that one to yourself!!

Joan Fricker said...

Cute card Lori! I also like the simple design. Fun!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for the weekly challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com