Monday, April 7, 2014

Chicken in the Woods

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I was off at a dog show last weekend and I worked. So no posting went on. I did have time to work on cards. Some background on today's card first. I used a stencil that was a winners gift from Terri over at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ . This was from a challenge I won at http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/ I thought I should make a card with it right away and share it with you. Today's card is Chicken in the Woods
The stencil that I won was Garden Birch Landscape #88550 from Memory Box. Thank You Terri I love it! The stencil was taped to Bristol paper. The color was sponged on using Tim Holtz distressed ink in three colors. So easy peasy to do. I then used a Stampscapes stamp Twisting Leaves and stamped it around the edges. I received the Rooster die #FRA-DIE-09138 by the Frantic Stamper that I ordered from Terri in the same package. I thought he was perfect to go into the woods. He is cut from black and grey card stock. I do love him. My mat card stocks are black, grey, and blue. For the finishing touch I added Poppy Stamps die Gentle Leaf #807. This die was also purchased at Joan's Gardens. I had fun creating this card and can't wait to do more with this stencil.
This is a close-up of the rooster.
This is the inside sentiment.
Thanks for the stencil Terri!!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

Okay this one is very good. I love it!!