Thursday, April 24, 2014

Joan's Challenge #10 Distressed

Good Morning Ladies,
I have another busy day ahead. Going to my day job and training dogs again this evening. I love to be busy. If  I wasn't busy I don't know what I would do.
Joan's Challenge #10 Distressed is what the card today is all about. You can check out the challenge here... http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-10.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Use something from nature
Make it purple and white
Distressed edges
You must use a product that can be purchased from http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
The last requirement for me is not a challenge for me. Joan's is my favorite place to order from. I have lots and lots of product from there in my room. Terri is the go to gal for all your wants and needs.
Here is my entry.
 When I think about distressing and torn pieces I think of La Blanche stamps. So I started with the vintage boy image from La Blanche stamps. I stamped him in Memento ink on La Blanche paper. The stamp and paper was purchased at Joan's. I then sponged Tim Holtz distressed ink in Dusty Concord. You can buy Tim Holtz distressed ink at Joan's. I then tore the edges and sponged on more ink. Let the distressing begin. I took a piece of white card stock and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz edge distresser. A base layer of purple card stock was distressed next. The white card stock was to stark so I spritzed it with purple Dylusions ink spray. I let that dry overnight and distressed the edges again. Now for something from nature. I added the purple grass. It was cut from an Impression Obsession die #DIE060-I. I purchased this die from Joan's. I added the white bunnies next. Who says bunnies are only for Easter? These bunnies were cut from Impression Obession die #168-C rabbit set. You can purchase this die from Joan's. I do not own this die set as of yet. How did I come to get these bunnies? When you order from Terri over at Joan's she sends a die cut set or piece. That's where these bunnies came from. And now I will have to order the die they are so cute! To top this card off I added two rolled roses cut from a Sizzix die and a pearl sprig.
 A close-up of the bunnies.
One of the distressed edges.
My boy was popped up.
Another great challenge Joan and Terri!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

Terri Urban said...

Lori, a very cute card. Love the curled edges and the details you used for this card. Great job
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

ionabunny said...

Very striking card. I have this stamp but I don't think I have ever inked it!! You have inspired me to dig it out. He looks great against the purple

Ginny B. said...

Lori, you have inspired me. Distressed edges are so out-of-the-box for me, and hard for me to get a handle on, but you have helped me visualize it better. Beautiful job on this week's challenge!
Blessings, Ginny B