Friday, November 15, 2013

Vintage Dream

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy Friday! The weekend is getting here fast. I have a gathering with friends tomorrow. Looks to be a laughter filled day tomorrow.
Today my card is Vintage Dream
This card was inspired by the vintage little girl. She came from an old collage pack. I had cut her out a long time ago. She had just been sitting around waiting for her place in the world. I happened upon her while looking for something else. I love great old finds like that. I inked the edges of this piece in brown ink. Next I selected the background cardstock. It come from a My Minds Eye pad. At first I thought the pattern would be too big. But it worked well. Next came the cluster of flowers and buttons. The flowers were created using two different sized Memory Box dies and a Sizzix die. The buttons are from one of my button boxes. I laid the buttons and flowers out on the card. They looked like they were just floating so I needed to anchor them. I had the piece of punched natural cardstock left from a recent project and it work perfect as an anchor. This piece was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The little girl piece looks hazy like a dream. So I pulled out my new Red Rubber Designs Life is too short stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on a tag. The tag was then inked using a brown chalk ink to keep the soft look. Kitchen string was looped through the hole of the tag. A gold flower cut with a Marianne die and placed underneath the tag. Also a piece from another project. My stash provided many elements on this card. Scroll down to see the inside sentiment. That is where the dream comes in.
A close-up of the tag, buttons, and flowers.
A better look at the little girl.
The inside sentiment.
The set of Life is too short stamps has many options for the rest of the sentiment. A super buy!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: