Saturday, November 9, 2013

Joan's Challenge Red and White Negative

Good Morning Ladies,
I am off to the dog show this morning. Windy and I are trialing in rally. Looks to be a fun day. I am taking along a basket of cards for the raffle.
I worked on the Joan's Challenge Red and White Negative before I went to work yesterday morning and finished it up late last night. This was a creatively fun one!
You can see and enter the challenge here http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/11/this-weeks-challenge-card.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Use red, white, and a hint of green
Use the negative of a die cut
Use snowflakes (any kind works)
Use a product sold at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Now for the card I created.....
This card started with the negative of the Memory Box die Night Sky Border #98682. This is one of my most recent die purchases from Joan. I used it on a challenge at Joan's a couple of weeks or so back. The negative was still laying on my work space so it was the perfect starting point. The next die I grabbed was the Impression Obsession die Santa and his Reindeer #DIE081-0. This is another die I purchased more recently at Joans. I laid this on my card and liked it but the card needed something to anchor this die. So back to my dies I went. I came across the Memory Box die #98594 Village House that I purchased from Joan. I love the house dies. It worked perfect for my scene. All my die cut pieces are cut from pearl white cardstock. I needed something very small for my snowflakes and since the requirement was any kind of snowflakes I used little beads that look like snowflakes. I added liquid pearls at the bottom of the card for snow. Next up was a touch of green so I hung a wreath over the little round window at the top of the house.
This is a close-up of the house with the wreath.
This is the inside sentiment.
Thanks Joan for another fantastic challenge!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog


1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, what a cute card. Great use of the negative image. Very pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge. Have fun at your dog show!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com