Monday, July 8, 2013

Joan's Challenge Double Oval ODB

Good Morning Ladies,
Monday and a new week. What will this week bring? More creating I hope. I have a second card for Joan's Challenge Double Oval ODB.
The requirements this week are:
Use a plain background
Use a double oval
Use a sentiment
Use any colors (at least two)
Use something that can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
You may enter three cards this week...Here is the link to the challenge ... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/07/this-weeks-challenge.html come join us.
And now for my card....
 This card started off with the Our Daily Bread image. Fishing Boat #F452. I purchased this image from Joan. I used it in a previous challenge in a very different way. This time around I thought the double oval was another perfect challenge for this stamp. I stamped it on Bristol paper with Memento ink. It was then cut with the oval Spellbinder set # S4-110. It was colorized with Prisma pencil, Gamsol, Copic marker, and a star dust pen. My second oval is Spellbinder die set S4-251. Joan also sells Spellbinders. I also double ovaled my sentiment from TPS. It was then time to accent this wonderful stamp. I used kitchen twine from the hardware store. I wrapped it three times around the mats and created a knot. To top this card off I added two brass charms. An anchor and a sailing fish. These charms are out of my stash.
 A close-up of the ODB fishing boat.
The sailing fish.

 The anchor.
Thanks for another fantastic challenge Joan and Selma.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog



1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, what a great card! I love the way you did the ovals. The twine and charms totally pull the card together. Great job!!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com