Thursday, October 4, 2012

Siberian Husky Ornament

Good Morning Ladies,
Thursday is here and I have so much to do today. Wow! I am getting ready for the dog show at Trail Creek Dog Training here in La Porte. I am not showing my dog this time. I know surprise, surprise. Instead I have a vender space. I will be selling my handcrafted cards, ornaments and other creations. So I have been working on dog ornaments.
Here is my Siberian Husky Ornament ....
 This ornament is the same front and back. I started with a paper mache' ornament base. I then added Martha Stewart christmas design series metallic highlighted card stock with christmas trees. I stamped the dog on bristol board and colorized him with prisma pencil and gamsol. He was then handcut and added. I used crystal laquer to add diamond dust under the dog's paws for snow.
 Ribbons grace the top of this ornament to which I have tied metal paw print charms to.
The sides are glittered all the way around.
A wonderful original gift for a dog loving friend or a Christmas treat for yourself!
I am having a great time making dog ornaments. Look for more to come in the next couple of days.
Stop by the dog show and check it out. http://www.trailcreekdogtrainingclub.com/home.php You can find the address of the club here.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: