Friday, October 5, 2012

Joan's Challenge Winter Scene Boxer

Good Morning Ladies,
It's Friday already. This week has flown by. I was busy out every night. I still created everyday. It keeps me relaxed and grounded in this crazy busy world.
Yesterday I created a card for the challenge this week over at Joan's. Here is the link to the challenge http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/10/this-weeks-challenge.html
The requirements are as follows....
Create a winter scene
Use a stamp
Use a die
Use a tree
Here is my take on Joan's Challenge Winter Scene Boxer ...
 Scene stamping is one of my favorites. So this challenge was right up my alley. I started with a piece of bristol board to create my scene on. I stamped the tree from a Heartfelt Creations set from Joan's. I colorized it with prisma pencil, gamsol, and stickles. I then stamped snowflakes with faded jeans distressed ink. I added the die cut lamp post using a cheery lynn die. My iron fence was cut using a memory box die. I cut it two times for the length of my card. At the bottom of my scene I created ice/snow using crystal laquer and diamond dust. I then created my boxer dog. I stamped him three times on bristol board and colorized him with prisma pencil and gamsol. I cut him out layering as I went with pop tape and pop taped him onto the card.
This is a view to show the layers of the boxer.
What a great challenge Selma and Joan! The dies, Tim Holtz ink and heartfelt creations stamps can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

Memaw said...

Cute, like the way you did the card. Great talking with you the other day.

Selma said...

What a great card. I love how you put this together. Thanks for joining us again this week in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.