Monday, July 4, 2016

Sheena Douglass Soaking In The Sun Canvas

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy 4th of July!
The project for today is Sheena Douglass Soaking In The Sun Canvas
 This is an 8X10 canvas. The canvas was sprayed with Dylusions ink spray in teal and Tattered Angels spray in yellow. The mermaid image is from Sheena Douglass. She was stamped on watercolor paper and colorized with watercolors. She was then hand cut. I had no clue where else I was going to go with this canvas. As I sat scanning my room I laid eyes on an old collage pack. Perfect... in the pack was the silver mesh, beads, stars, and sea glass. Just what I needed. These elements were added to the canvas using YES! paste. I looked for my shells and found one to add to the sea glass at the bottom. The mermaid was then added. The sun was created using Dylusions ink spray and a Sheena Douglass stencil.
A close-up of the mermaid.
A close-up of the sea glass.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: