Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sheena Douglass Art Journal Spread

Good Morning Ladies,
Today is suppose to be another hot one. I ran to the grocery store last night. So I won't have to do that today.
The project for today is Sheena Douglass Art Journal Spread
Art journaling is still new to me. This is my third two page spread in an art journal.
The art journal that I chose is the large Dylusions art journal. The background was created with Dylusions ink sprays. They were sprayed on at random. Then a roll of paper towels was rolled across this two page spread to pick up the excess ink. Water was flicked onto this background to create the white spots. A Joggles stencil and Tattered Angels ink spray was used to create the stars. And then the fun began. The dog is a Sheena Douglass image. He was stamped onto grey card stock and hand cut. The mushrooms are a Sheena Douglass image and were stamped using white Momento Luxe ink. For the night scene I did not add color to them. The foliage was created with a Sheena Douglass stencil. The dark area to the right was created using the deer stencil by Sheena Douglass. The sentiment was hand written. It is a quote from the Lion King movie. I love the Lion King. The quote reminds me of what my aunt used to say. She would say "We are made of good sturdy stock." Because of her I always try to remember who I am.
The left of the page.
 The right side of the page.
A close up of some of the foliage and a cluster of mushrooms.
 A close-up of the dog.
 A close-up of the sentiment and stars.
A close-up of the deer.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: