Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sheena Douglass Snow Wellies

Good Morning Ladies,
I guess I am doing Christmas in July. Of course cardmakers have to do Christmas cards early or we don't get them done.
The card for today is Sheena Douglass Snow Wellies
 This card was fun to make. It started with the snow wellies image from Sheena Douglass. This is a much bigger image but the two pairs of wellies were all that I wanted. So the image was stamped on watercolor paper and only the two pairs were colorized with watercolors. They were then cut from the bigger image. The bark looking background paper was a paper I received in a surprise pack of paper I purchased at Hobby Lobby. The door was cut from the Grand Mansion Memory Box die. The snow ground was created using torn watercolor paper that was colorized with watercolors on the torn edge. Small white beads were used to cover the torn paper for snow. The wreath was in my stash and worked for the door. The snowflakes are an image from the same Sheena Douglass set. They were stamped with white Momento Luxe ink. I am now in love with this ink pad. It is the first white ink that has worked the way I wanted it to.
A close-up of the wellies and snow beads.
This is the inside sentiment fro the Stamps of Life.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: