Saturday, February 2, 2013

Joan's Challenge Vintage Doily

Good Morning Ladies,
We has more snowfall while I was sleeping. The yard was so pretty, clean, and white. Now the dogs have run all around and you can tell happiness lives in my house.
I am really enjoying this weeks challenge at Joan's ....you can check it out here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/01/this-weeks-challenge_31.html
The only requirement this week is that it be a vintage card. Joan's Challenge Vintage Doily card is what I have created...and here it is.

 To create this card I started with a cotton crocheted doily. I rolled it into a cone shape and tacked it with glue. I created the three rolled flowers with a Memory Box die that I purchased at Joans. I used pearls for the centers of these flowers. The vines are also cut with a Memory Box die from Joan's. The little white silk flowers are from my stash. You can't see it in the photo but I added a gold piece of netting to the inside of the flower cone. My background die is a lattice work die from Cheery Lynn. Also purchased at Joan's.
A side view of the card.

This is the inside of the card. The sentiment was stamped on a die cut from a spellbinders die set. Pearls set  this off.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Selma said...

I love your little pocket full of posies. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us in our challenge T Joan's Gardens