Monday, February 11, 2013

Joan's Challenge Horse Life

Good Morning Ladies,
The wind is blowing like crazy this morning. I could hear it howling during the night. It woke me up a time or two.
I was back at it again and made another card for Joan's Challenge Horse Life
You can see and enter the challenge here.... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/02/this-weeks-challege.html There are many cool cards. Need ideas check the other entries out too.
The requirements for this challenge are as follows...
Use blue, green, and white.
Use a printed flower
Use a stamped sentiment
Use an oval
Here is my entry for today...
 If you follow my blog at all you know I love animals. I will work an animal into every challenge I can. Most of the time I like to colorize my animals. But this is what came into my head to keep the colors for the challenge true. The horse is a clear stamp by inkidinkado. My die cut ovals are cut using a spellbinders die set. The floral leaf flourish die is one of my new dies from Joans and is a Memory Box die. For me the hardest part of this challenge was creating the patterned flowers. I started with a plain white piece of cardstock. I stamped a butterfly background image in blue ink on it. I then cut my flowers using a sizzix rolled flower die. I rolled them up. I think this set of flowers turned out pretty good.
This is the close up of the pattern on the flowers.
Thanks Joan and Selma for another challenge that helps us all to push our limits!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: