Monday, August 8, 2011

Umbrella Man Tim Holtz style

Good Morning Ladies,
It's Monday already. Another weekend has flown by. Another week...another adventure in stamping...
I have a card for you today...It is the Umbrella Man Tim Holtz style ...
This card came about out of a mistake. I had purchased the new Tim Holtz stains at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2011/07/new-distressed-inks-video-by-tim-holtz.html I tried to use these with a piece of foil instead of my craft mat. Well it didn't go so well. I ended up with big splotches all over my bristol board instead of the bright vibrant color I was going for. I decided that the piece was a loss anyway, so I sprayed it with the Tim Holtz spray stain in expresso. It dried very dark and ugly. So after it was dry I thought what could it hurt if I spritzed it with water. Then I thought it looked even worse. So I just walked away from it. I came back later and it was dry. To my surprise it was very cool looking and very Tim Holtz style. So I cut it up and ran it through the cuttlebug with one of the Tim Holtz embossing folders. Now I liked it even better,in fact I loved it. The bottom of the card is a martha stewart border punch. The man umbrella and the saying are from a Tim Holtz clear stamp set. Now my biggest fear is that I won't be able to recreate the mistake.
I have found that if I have a piece that I think I have ruined, if I set it aside and come back later I will see it in a whole different light.
I did a card using the under stain in the proper way. It can be seen here http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/mrsswandogscreations/3680093
Off to get ready for my day job...
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: