Wednesday, August 17, 2011

never too buried....birthday card

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I ran out of time early this morning to post before I had to go to work. So here I am in the afternoon.
Here is the card I have for you today....
 This card features a dog diggin' in the flower bed. I stamped the dog and sentiment in black momento ink. I colorized the dog, dirt, bone, and flowers with prisma pencil and gamsol. The grass and sky was created using pan-pastels. I found out something really cool about pan-pastels and gamsol. Once you have colorized your scene with prisma pencil and gamsol you can go in and created the background with pan-pastels. If you then take a paper towel to blend in the pan-pastels the gamsol prevents the pastels to affect the colorization of your scene. It is a dream to blend without worry.
 inside of card...
close-up of inside of card.....the scallops were created using a spellbinder die.
I am also happy to announce that I won the challenge over at Joan's Garden. Everyone should join in the challenges. They are fun and they get you to step outside the box.
Off to create....
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: