Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Joan's Touch Challenge #16

Good Morning Ladies,
It's another new challenge over at Joan's Touch. It's time for Joan's Touch Challenge #16
To join in the fun and see the challenge click here http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/06/16-challenbge.html
The requirements this week are as follows:
Make a twisted easel card. (never fear she has the instructions on the challenge.)
Use any color.
Use some patterned paper.
You must use something you can buy at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
I have never made a twisted easel card before. I found this to be a very easy card to create and it does have a fun twist!
Here is my card....
For this card I grabbed my Graphics 45 pad Good Ol' Sport. I purchased this pad at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ from Terri. I love this pad and this card idea seemed to fit it well. My twisted card base tan card stock came out of my scrap box. The color was perfect for Graphics 45 paper. The sentiments are from TPC. They were stamped with coffee archival ink and hand cut. The paper that is directly behind the baseball players is from my scrap box. 
The sentiment at the top was placed on the tip of the card.
A close-up of the Happy Birthday sentiment.
 A view of the sentiment popped up to hold the top of the card up.
Another great challenge Joan!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog




7 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

What a cute card Lori. I am glad you enjoyed this style of card and did such a great job on the Twisted Easel challenge. Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Pssequimages said...

Lori, this is just SO NEAT! I love the dimension that you created when you chose the papers that you did for this. CUTE card, "fun TWIST!"

Darlene said...

WOW Lori this is awesome! You did a FABULOUS job on your 1st twisted easel and what a great idea for a 'manly' creation! FABULOUS!

Nancy Hill said...

I love this vintage card and great ideal card from my husband who is a baseball person.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great masculine card! You knocked a Home Run with this one!

melody2542 said...

So COOL!!!

ionabunny said...

This is gorgeous. Love the G45.