Friday, March 21, 2014

Joan's Touch Challenge #5 neutral

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I woke up to snow this morning. But now the sun is shining and the snow is melting away. The next three days are suppose to be on the cold side. But we will see as mother nature is playing games with us.
I have created another card for Joan's Touch Challenge #5 neutral You can see and join the challenge here http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-5.html
Here are the requirements this week:
Colors: neutral
Use a picture (any kind)
Add a fancy corner or flourish
Use something that can be purchased at Joan's Gardens http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
Here is my second entry for this week.....
I once again looked to my faux family purchased at an auction or antique store for my picture. This time a lovely young woman in her beautiful home. I love the curtains in the photo. I recently purchased  the new Graphics 45 Botanical Tea 8x8 pad from Terri over at Joan's Garden. So I wanted to use the beautiful paper from this pad. That is what is covering my card base. I thought it went nicely with the photo and theme. Next I needed a fancy corner. My corner is from Cheery Lynn B173 Lace Corner Deco H. I purchased this set of corners from Joan's Garden. This was cut from black card stock. My mats are grey, black, and off white. This card needed a little bit more. This time I did not create a flower myself but instead used a Prima flower from one of the flower towers. I added a grey button for the center. Just the flower sitting there was not a good look but the flower was a match for this card. So I went back to my dies and found a die I thought went nicely. This die is from Memory Box Cottage Leaf #98342. This is a graceful looking die. This was also purchased from Joan's Garden. I added a black pearl sprig to the flower. To top this card off I added two pearls to two of the corners.
My corner.
The flower.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

very pretty card Lori. I love the paper and you are certainly making good use of those antique pictures.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Touch again for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Ginny B said...

Very sweet vintage photo--and I love the background paper and the extra touch of adding pearls.
Blessings,
Ginny B

Ginny B said...

Congratulations on your win, Lori!

Olga Moore said...

Lori, Congrats on your winning this week!