Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Portuguese Water Dog Card

Good Morning Ladies,
I am still working on trying out my new stamps from Dog Stamps Plus. So many stamps....So little time!
This is what I have created for today... Portuguese Water Dog Card
I am always looking for great renditions of different breeds of dogs. Dog Stamps Plus has so many great ones. Like this Portuguese Water Dog. He was stamped on Bristol paper and then colorized with Prisma pencil and Gamsol. I picked the pencil option for colorization because it lets the image show through. And the hair on this dog is distinct and important. I wanted to make my focus the dog on this card. So it is fussy and plain at the same time. The tree frame die is from Memory Box dies cut in brown card stock. The flourishes are cut from a Cheery Lynn die cut from green card stock. The roses are cut from a Sizzix die. To top this card off I added pearls to the tree. I wasn't sure about this at first but with the flourishes and the roses it worked.
This is a close up of the dogs.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Diane said...

Super cute design, love the dog image

regards diane