Thursday, April 25, 2013

Joan's Challenge Tulips

Good Evening Ladies,
I am posting for a second time today. And really late. But I am afraid I will run out of time in the morning to post this card for Joan's Challenge Tulips . Here is the link to the challenge... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/04/this-weeks-challenge-4-25-13.html
 create a card using items from the letters TULIPS
Here is my word items...
T- tulips from inky antics
U-used piece of jewelry from my stash
L- labels eighteen from Spellbinders
I- insect which a butterfly is even though I don't like to think of them that way. Cheery Lynn die from Joan's
P- purple cardstock that the butterfly was cut from
S- Striped paper
Now here is the card.....

 This is the used piece of jewelry. This piece came in a bag of old jewelry my sister gave me. I never turn down treasures like this. I can always use them to shake things up a bit. And I get to reuse something that may have been sent to the ash bin.
 This is a close up of the pretty butterfly die I purchased at Joan's.
This was a real challenge Joan and Selma! It did get me to put my creative thinking cap on. Thanks for the fun challenge!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

5 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori,
Great card. Love the spring colors.
Thanks for joining us at Joans Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
Www.atjoansgardens.com

Ginny B said...

Love your happy colors, Lori. This card will certainly bring smiles; the pretty jewel in the corner really sets this piece of art work apart. Very beautiful work!

Pssequimages said...

Great design and the use of the gem is terrific. Beautiful card, Lori.

Sarah said...

What a lovely, cheerful card! Love your use of the piece of jewelry, very creative!

Selma said...

Very pretty card. You were very creative with this challenge. Thanks for joining us this week in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.