Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Joan's Challenge Girly Card

Good Morning Ladies,
I was at the dog show this past weekend. So I wasn't home to blog. And then Monday just got away from me. Today I have my card ready for Joan's Challenge Girly Card . Here is the link to the challenge..... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/04/this-weeks-challenge-4-18-13.html
The requirements are:
Use pastel colors
Use some kind of lace
Use at least one bow
Use some flowers
Use something from Joan's
Here is my card....

 When I saw the challenge I knew I was going to use the new Marianne design die I purchased at Joan's. I had not had a chance to use it yet. It is perfect to use for a girly card. I cut the top fan pieces from pink embossed card stock. I then used the shadow portion of the die and cut it with white glitter card stock. I have always been in love with paper fans. I attached the pieces together with a pink and white polka dotted brad. I used a cameo of dancing women for the open piece of the fan. A small pearl graces each piece of fan at the top. My lace is a piece I have had for a long time. It is a wedding dress lace. The shape was perfect to nest the fan into. My bow is pink ribbon that combines solid and sheer elements. Three rolled flowers grace one of the bottom corners. These flower were created using a Memory Box die I purchased at Joan's. The three pearls in the corner top this card off.
This is a close-up of my lace piece.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

Pssequimages said...

That is just SO MUCH FUN! What a GREAT idea, and fun girlie card!

Pssequimages said...

That is just SO MUCH FUN! What a GREAT idea, and fun girlie card!

Selma said...

What a pretty fan. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.