Monday, April 15, 2013

Joan's Challenge Three Flowers Doberman Sympathy

Good Evening Ladies,
It's been a long day. This is the first chance I have had to do my blog entry. I decided to give Joan's Challenge Three Flowers Doberman Sympathy a second go. You can see the challenge here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/04/this-weeks-challenge-4-11-13.html
The requirements are:
Create a blue and white background
Use three different kinds of flowers
Use two butterflies
Use a sentiment
Here is my card...
 For my blue and white background I used a pearl white mat and added a blue mat embossed with my new embossing folder from Joan's. I do not use embossing folders much. But since we have been using them for challenges I am going to try to use them more. I have been motivated by all the beautiful entries. I finally used my build a flower #1 that I purchased at Joan's to make an entire flower. My flower at the top of the card was created using a flower die by Cheery Lynn that I purchased at Joan's. The olive branches that stick out from under that flower are also cut with a Cheery Lynn die that I purchased at Joan's. The rolled roses at the bottom were created using a Sizzix die. My doberman dog is an Art Impression image that I also purchased at Joan's. Check with her she has a few dog stamps. The butterflies were also created using a Cheery Lynn die that I purchased at Joan's. Can you tell I love Joan's Garden! A crystal pearl sprig tops this card off.
This is the inside of my card.
I find shopping for a dog sympathy card is very hard as I can never find the perfect one. So making my own is a much better option.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Very cute. The dog looks just like yours posted on your web. Beautiful card.

Ginny B said...

Awwww... what a sweet card to give someone who has lost a dog. I know the person who gets this will get comfort from the beauty of the card and the kind sentiment inside, as well. Beautiful job!

Pssequimages said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pssequimages said...

What great techniques. I love how your build a flower 1 came out. Those itty bitty spikey things are fun to play with. This is a precious way to remember someone who lost their pet. Awesome sentiment!