Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Taste of India Journal

Good Morning Ladies,
Yesterday got away from me and I didn't get to blog. We had a power outage. It didn't last long, but long enough to shorten my time.
Today's project is Taste of India Journal
This journal was covered with holographic cardstock in gold from Create and Craft. It is hard to photograph. The focal point, the tag was the first piece of this project. The background of the tag was created using a Sheena Douglass stencil. It is the In The Forest stencil. Inka Gold in turquoise was rubbed on the entire tag. Next the stencil was laid over the tag and Inka Gold in gold was rubber over the stencil. I was pleased with how it turned out and knew that the Elephant from Sheena Douglass Taste of India was perfect. The elephant was stamped on watercolor paper. It was then colorized with watercolor crayons and hand cut. It was glued down to the tag and the portion of the elephant that exceeded the tag was cut off. Sometimes partial images give a different effect. Fiber was tied at the top of the tag. I have had the old piece of costume jewelry sitting on my table for some time. I looked at it and thought it was perfect for an India theme. The faux large oval rhinestones from my stash gave it that treasures of India feel. Along the spine ribbon was ran down with enough to extend for a self bookmark.
 A close-up of the tag.
A close-up of the vintage costume jewelry.
A view showing the spine of the journal.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: