Thursday, July 9, 2015

Night Owl

Good Morning Ladies,
I had a short night of sleep. I had a project sitting on my table and decided to work on it last night just before bed. Then off to bed I headed where I laid awake with all new projects swirling through my head. No more late night sessions.
Today is a tag  Night Owl
This tag started out as a large plain manilla shipping tag. I placed a bare tree stencil on top of the tag and stippled on ink from FSJ. This ink worked very well and the colors stayed strong. The owl, book, and feather were stamped on watercolor paper and colorized with watercolor crayons and mica paint. They were then all hand cut. The owl was placed on the tag first. His wing span was so large I cut one of the wings to the edge of the tag. The book was popped up as well as the feather on top of it. These elements are from the Little Bit Magical collection by Sheena Douglass. They can be purchased through Crafter's Companion. The sentiment on the book page is from Technique Junkies.
A close-up of the owl.
A close-up of the book.
A view to show the popping.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: